Sunday 30 September 2012

FOTD- Royalty


Beauties,

How are you guys doing today? I’m back with another FOTD (face of the day). Purple and gold bring to mind royalty hence, the name of this post.

I have to start by showing off my amateur photography skills. Looks like something the University photographers will do. Lol! & it looks like one eye is trying to close in the picture.

 Let’s get to it then


FACE

Foundation base- boots no.7 shine free primer.

Foundation- marykay foundation 607, under-eye area- 507

Powder- tara orekelewa powder palette

Blush- sleek coral

Contour - sleek contour kit in dark.

Highlight- iman’s afterglow sheer bronzing powder

STEPS-

I applied the mattifying primer to the areas of my face that get oily.

I applied mk foundation 607 all over my face and the lighter foundation,507, to the center of my face (under the eyes, forehead and chin) because the 607 is dark when applied all over my face and also to brighten the under-eye area. 

I applied powder all over the face to set the foundation.

I applied the cheek colours to the apples of my cheeks.

I applied the Iman’s afterglow on my cheek bones, the bridge of my nose, forehead & chin to draw attention to these areas- HIGHLIGHTING.

I applied the matte dark powder in the contour kit into the hollows of the cheeks for definition & slimming effect- CONTOURING


EYES

Eye primer- loreal HIP eye primer

Eye shadow base-
*sleek primer palette (a peachy gold) on the middle lid

*Milani shadow eyes (big pencil size) in royal purple on the outer and inner lid         

Eyeshadows

Inner & outer lid - MAC fig1 (a matte purple) with MAC plum dressing applied  to the areas fig1 e/s meets the middle lid colour.

Middle lid- MAC amberlights

Outer-V – deep matte purple  (sleek bad gal palette)

Crease – MAC plum dressing

Transition colour (above crease) - sleek simply red & pink beret (sleek PPQ palette)

Brow bone highlight - MAC ricepaper e/s

Eyeliner- sleek liquid eyeliner (black)

Inner eye rim- Zaron black velvet eyeliner (love this stuff!!).

Lower lashline- the colours were repeated as applied on the lid. i used the liquid liner to draw out tiny projections from the lashline for added drama (doesn't even seem to be obvious)

Mascara- sleek lash-out mascara

Lashes- Ardell wispies (drama! not for the shy)

Brows- mac brow pencils in stud.

STEPS-

I filled out my brows and cleaned up the edges by applying foundation all around them- this makes the brows stand out.

I applied the eye primer from lashline to brow then

I applied the eye shadow bases to the lid only to prep the eyes for e/s application.

I applied MAC fig1 to the outer and inner lid space on top of the milani royal purple shadow eyez and the MAC amberlights on the sleek primer. MAC plum dressing was applied to the areas the fig meets the amberlight.

I applied the dark purple e/s to the outer v then,

I applied plum dressing to the crease to blend out the e/s applied to the lid.

I applied MAC ricepaper e/s to the arch of the brow blending downwards to highlight the browbone.

with a blending brush, I blended out the harsh lines with the combination of a red & pink matte eye shadow (transition colour)- applied above the crease.

The e/s applied to the lids were repeated on the lower lashline.


The eyes were lined and the strip lashes fixed. mascara was applied to blend my real lashes with the false.


LIPS

Lip pencil- a fleshtone brown pencil. (no name*)

Lipsticks- milani Hollywood city (creamy beige) topped with Maybelline honey crunch (a soft pink) and Marykay sweet raisin (light brown lipgloss) was applied to tone down the pink.


STEPS-

I lined my lips with the liner blending with a lip brush to prevent harsh lines. i applied milani Hollywood city &Maybelline honey crunch  all over the lips and marykay sweet raisin lipgloss was applied all over the lips.


I hope you like this look. Please leave comments. If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks for visiting.

6 comments:

  1. Fabulousity is d word! Nice look! Suitable for both day and night! Job weldone! Wld try out the look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx. Send me a picture when you do try the look.

      Delete
  2. I like the first picture; very catchy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry for my very late reply. thank you.

      Delete