Sunday 23 September 2012

FOTD- Lilacs 'n' berries


Beauties,
I'm restarting the blog (whoop! whoop!!) and i promise to be good this time. I hope you guys have fun with me, my make up addiction & my new camera. Let's get pretty!
 I’m into bold &/or dark lips at the moment, so I came up with this look, liked it & decided to share.

FACE

Foundation base- boots no.7 shine free primer.

Foundation- marykay foundation 607, under-eye area- 507

Powder- tara orekelewa powder palette

Blush- I cheated! Pink beret & Chris de burgundy (sleek PPQ me, myself & eye palette)- I love makeup that can be used in more than 1 way *wink

Contour & highlight - sleek contour kit in dark.
STEPS-
  • I applied the mattifying primer to the areas of my face that get oily.
  • I applied mk foundation 607 all over my face and  the lighter foundation,507, to the center of my face (under the eyes, forehead and chin) as a highlight
  • I applied powder all over the face to set the foundation.
  • I applied the cheek colours to the apples of my cheeks.
  • I applied the shimmery shade in the sleek contour kit lightly on my cheek bones, the bridge of my nose, forehead & chin to draw attention to these areas- HIGHLIGHTING.
  • I applied the matte dark powder in the contour kit into the hollows of the cheeks for definition & slimming effect- CONTOURING








EYES

Eye primer- loreal HIP eye primer

Eye shadow base- sleek primer palette (the deeper pink)

Eyeshadows

Inner corner- lilac allen (sleek PPQ palette)

Lid- mac da bling (light pink) with mac beautiful iris (lilac)

Outer corner/contour - sleek Chris de burgundy (sleek PPQ palette)

Transition colour(crease)- matte orange & peach e/s (sleek paraguaya palette)

Browbone- mac shroom e/s

Eyeliner- sleek liquid eyeliner (black)

Inner eye rim- Zaron black velvet eyeliner (love this stuff!!).

Mascara- sleek lash-out mascara

Lashes- Ardell lashes #110

Brows- mac brow pencils in stud & spiked.
STEPS-
  • I filled out my brows and cleaned up the edges by applying foundation all around them- this also makes the brows stand out.
  •  I applied the eye primer from lashline to brow then applied the eye shadow base to the lid only to prep the eyes for e/s application.
  • I applied mac da bling e/s all over the lid and mac beautiful iris on top of it
  • To the outer V and outer part of the crease, i applied chris de burgundy(plum e/s)
  • I applied mac shroom e/s to the arch of the brow blending downwards to highlight the browbone.
  • with a blending brush, I blend out the harsh lines with the combination of an orange & peach matte eye shadow (transition colour)- applied into the eye crease.
  • shimmery lilac was applied to the inner corner of the eyes.
  • the plum e/s was applied to the outer 2/3 of the lower lashline and the lilac to the inner 1/3.
  • the eyes were lined and the strip lashes fixed. mascara was applied to blend my real lashes with the false.



LIPS

Lip pencil- jordana cabernet

Lipsticks- milani classy with marykay whipped berries in the center.

STEPS- 
I lined my lips with the liner blending with a lip brush to prevent harsh lines. i applied milani classy all over the lips and marykay whipped berries to the center of the lips


I hope you like the look. Please leave comments. If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask.
p.S: If you are interested in my beedaisy hair, which i looovve, u can get it here
Thanks for visiting.


4 comments:

  1. WoooW! I love d look. D Eyes especially.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks darlin'. Late reply but, I really appreciate your comment.

      Delete
  2. Welcome to the blog world babe! It's about time ! Love the dark lips...will try it too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks:). Ʊ know I have time on my hands right now. Keeping busy and having fun.

    ReplyDelete